Old 14-12-2010, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Iris's

"vsop" wrote ...

I planted some Bearded Iris this year and now that the snow has gone they
are looking very battered and flattened , though still quite green and
showing no sign of rotting.
Not having grown these before I wonder how should I handle the foliage now ?
Should I cut them down completely, or reduce the height, or just leave them
alone ?
Advice would be much appreciated.

I trust you tidied them up before winter set in, cleared away all dead
leaves etc?
Just leave them alone now until you see growth in the spring when you can
again tidy up any dead leaves, but be careful then, the new growth is
fragile and breaks easily.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden