Old 15-12-2010, 02:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Carrot bed question.

In article , phorbin1
@yahoo.com says...
In article ,
says...
I got the Johnies catalog. What a good catalog. And I see they sell
burdock, Which I buy quite a bit of. Its difficult to find. Their growing
suggestion is to grow them in deep carrot soil. Or a raised bed to make
harvesting easier.

What is deep carrot soil. ?? Does it mean I have to dig a pit and fill it
with soil.

Just curious but which variety of burdock do you buy?

Standard Arctium Lappa or Gobo?

That is, Gobo, Arctium Lappa (Takinogawa Long) for instance.

http://www.richters.com/Web_store/we...?product=X8370
&show=&prodclass=Herb_and_Vegetable_Seeds&cart_id= 3687380.13718