Old 15-12-2010, 04:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Carrot bed question.

In article ,
says...

I just looked at Phorbin's link and it strikes me funny that seeds and young
plants are actually sold. Not that anyone would want them, that I can see,
but they are hardy from zones 2 through 10, they are a bane to anyone with a
long-haired dog or cat. Where do you live that you can't locate some wild
ones to collect seeds from? When my dog brings the burrs (seeds) home, I put
them in the fire so they won't grow in my yard. lol Reminds me of when I was
a kid and we would take our Irish Setter pheasant hunting in NJ, USA - that
poor dog would come home with a pound of burrs stuck in it's hair and I'd
spend hours grooming him after. Good luck.

....Hours of grooming eh. Maybe your dog goes looking for burdock.

It doesn't show up often here in the city here.