Old 15-12-2010, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Blue tits and friends

In message
, Dave
Hill writes
We have been getting a great deal of activity from the blue tits since
the start of the hard frosts, I don't think I have seen so many on our
feeders, also a fer Great Tits, Coal Tits, but no sign of our Long
Tailed Tits, tyhat was till today when they turned up in force, over
12 of them as far as I could count, feeding as if they hadn't eaten
for days. I was afraid that they had been lost to the cold.
I just hope they get through the comming cold spell that is being
forecast.
David Hill

I have seen a few in the last couple of days, and on a feed table in the
country park on Sunday there were 5 trying to get at the food together.
A nuthatch disturbed them for a while, then when they came back there
were 8 of them.

At the same time a large group of siskins was feasting on the pods of an
alder, just above.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply