Old 16-12-2010, 01:12 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
On 2010-12-13 08:36:47 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:
snipI used to record GW every Friday religiously but on Monty's watch
I stopped bothering, I had been watching the latest GW again but now
that's gone again. Personally I think the BBC was beginning to get it
about right but now have scrapped it for another blank sheet approach
with an "old" presenter.
Never a good idea to go back but we will see after a few episodes.

The new series is going to be made in Monty's own garden, which must be
an improvement in itself, IMO. There's an added 'something' when the
garden being worked in is personal and there's also an added extra if a
garden has a house in it. I enjoy visits to Rosemoor but we always
find it strange that the house is right at the end of the garden from
the public's pov. It's neither fish, nor fowl or fair red herring!
It leaves us with the feeling that the house is incidental, whereas a
garden was usually intended to be the setting for a house. Seeing the
house, even fleetingly, gives the garden a point of reference as a
place that people work in, relax in, grow food in, not just demonstrate
'how to do this' stuff in. There's a full page feature article by
Monty Don in today's Daily Mail which shows that he has in fact been
gardening all his life and that this garden has been his for 20 years,
back in the days when he couldn't afford to spend much on it.
Soil survivor returns to his roots: Why it's glorious to be back on my Gardeners' World, by Monty Don | Mail Online
--

Sacha
Buy plants online, including rare and exotic plant varieties from Hill House Nursery

uriel13