Old 16-12-2010, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Bedroom Plants

"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Dan L wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Bhavick wrote:
Hi,
I want to purchase a plant for my room. I know all plants give off
Oxygen but are there any plants in particular that give off more
Oxygen then others and if so does anyone know what they are called
please?
Thanks
The ones that are doing the most photosynthesis, which would be the
ones growing fast in sunlight which you don't have in your bedroom.
David
Spider plants give off the most oxygen for an indoor plant. Spider

plants have the least problems also. One thing about spider plants,
they can be poisonous to cats.

How do you know this?

It was a discussion in the Master Gardener class on indoor plants.
Instructor talking about spider plants being the best to remove toxins from
the room. Also a side benefit was more oxygen was produced in the process.

http://www.ehow.com/list_6626617_hig...se-plants.html