Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Kay

Default SNAILS!!!!

See,
I don't want to add loaches to a tank of breeding rams. and fry tanks.
I returned my 4 clowns due to thier size being big and my rams started
breeding. So snail eating fish are out. I tried trapping them while hand
picking them. And so far its made no difference. I am interested in your
largger snail idea though, I wonder if it works for me if I can move the
larger snails to the fry grow upt tank so the larger snails don't eat the
rams eggs?

Kay

If Had-a-Snail didn't work for you, Aquarisol won't, either. They are
basically the same thing: copper solutions. Aquarisol is a weaker
concentration, I think, so it will be useless if Had-a-Snail didn't work.

Poisoning the snails is usually a short-term solution at best, and can

cause
problems long-term. If you search Google on it, you'll find that copper
usually can't kill all the snails without killing the fish and plants,

too.
And the ones left will soon rebound in population.

I've found the best solutions to snails are natural methods: snail-eating

fish,
like loaches, or baiting/trapping/picking them out manually.

Another method I've found is, believe it or not, introducing more snails.

When
I put a half-dozen apple snails (Pomacea bridgesii, of course!) into my 29
gallon tank, the populations of pond snails, ramshorns, and MTS

plummetted. I
think the big snails simply out-competed the smaller snails for food.

They may
have eaten the other snails' eggs, too.

Leigh