Old 16-12-2010, 09:04 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post

My woodburner is not coping with - 10C I blamed the quality of my wood.
Woodman says it might be an idea to have my chimney swept since I haven't
done it since 2004..

I did it myself then and the last chimney sweep I asked came and said "you
are joking." It's not easy to sweep a chimney that has a woodburner in it.
It must be possible, though.
Does your chimney have a liner?
You could ask a local wood stove company if they can recommend a chimney sweep - they should be able to tell you one who is used to working with stoves.

But yes, you do need to get your chimney swept. Remember a stove burns much hotter than an open fire, with correspondingly greater risk of a chimney fire.