Old 16-12-2010, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default Ivy bush

On Dec 16, 9:27*am, Dave Hill wrote:
On Dec 16, 8:48*am, bobharvey wrote:

On Dec 15, 10:26*pm, Jeff Layman wrote:

Beat me to it. *I've tried to root ivy without success. *AFAIR the
aerial roots grip, but do not take in water and nutrients, thus giving a
somewhat false impression of how easy to "root" they are.

Hmmm. *I've always found ivy roots easily in moist soil, and even
easier to layer a growing runner.

Yes it does, but we are talking about the shrubby growth, and not
runners.

To be fair, there are few woody things I would try to root, so I will
confess ignorance.