Old 16-12-2010, 07:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] newb@nowhere.org is offline

Default Horse manure

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:14:34 -0600, (HL B123) wrote:

Would like to hear any information on putting horse manure in vegetable
gardens as opposed to commercial fertilizers. I would like to apply it
now? thanks hlb

One other thing to consider is weed seeds from the horses normal diet.
What do they eat? If they're free range and eat whatever grows in the
pasture, that's what you'll get in your garden.

We get ours from a local Appaloosa farm that breeds high dollar
animals for sale. Their diet consists of grains (oats) and a kentucky
blue grass mix in the pastures. It's the cleanest horse manure
around, weed wise. We have enough weeding to do already, don't need
to introduce more ; )

Newb