Old 16-12-2010, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default My parsley

In message , Christina Websell
writes

My woodburner is not coping with - 10C I blamed the quality of my wood.
Woodman says it might be an idea to have my chimney swept since I haven't
done it since 2004..

I did it myself then and the last chimney sweep I asked came and said "you
are joking." It's not easy to sweep a chimney that has a woodburner in it.
It must be possible, though.

The last time my chimney was swept was when a wood pigeon came down it,
but I wouldn't recommend the method. :-)

I have rods for the drains, so I only need a brush, but I am uneasy
about the mess I'd probably make, and I don't have a high capacity
vacuum cleaner, just a Dyson.

How did you cope with the volume of soot?

I only burn smokeless and a few login the open fire at Xmas, and private
paper with details on, but I should get it done...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply