Old 16-12-2010, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default snowing again!

On Dec 16, 6:31*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:17:51 +0000, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Thursday 17.15pm
rain turned to sleet then thick snow about half an hour a go here in
Amersham,

Ah it's got down there then. The first cold front came through here
at 0745 the second at 1100. Gave a couple of inches of snow on top of
the overnight rain. Temp has been at or below freezing since the
first front through so the slush has now frozen solid and it's like
an ice rink out there.

Currently -6.3C and falling under clearish skies. The Higlands are
just about keeping the showers streaming down from the arctic at bay.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Here just outside Swansea we had some rain this morning but reached
46f (For those who change, thats around 8c) now it's down to 37f, but
we are actualy back to MUD, soft and squishy, clinging to my boots.
The forecast is for snow starting tonight and going on for most of the
next few days, never mind we had 2 shopping trips today and must have
bought up most of Aldi, Sainsburys, Tesco and Morrisons, so at least
the birds and cat will be OK, and with around 11 pints of milk I'll
still be able to have my cuppa as and when.