Old 16-12-2010, 09:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Live Trap Garden Pests

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:13:46 -0500, (EVP MAN)
wrote:

The rabbits and squirrels are causing quite a bit of damage on my
property. I live in central PA and decided to call the PA game
commission office to see what could be done. Since I live in a city,
discharging any kind of firearm is out of the question. I was told by
the game commission that YES as the property owner I do have the right
to protect my property from damage these critters are causing. I'll
relocate them about 15 miles from my house on state game land. Since I
never done any trapping, I could use any and all advice I can get,
especially as to what types of baits to use during the cold winter
months here in PA. I'll be using a 24"x7"x7" LIVE trap!

What kind of damage are you talking? Rabbits will eat certain plants
is all, so don't plant those kind. And squirrels are there for the
same reason, because there is a food supply... remove the food supply
and squirrels will stop frequenting your restaurant and dine elsewhere
.... in fact trapping will do not a whit of good, so long as there is a
food supply new squirrels will arrive... didn't you stay home and
sponge off your parents because they kept filling the fridge. And if
squirrels are entering and nesting in your house, because it's warmer
than outdoors, then get up off your fat lazy ass and block their
access... probably what your momma did to get rid of you. Dealing
with wildlife ain't rocket science... do bunny rabbits and squirrels
have a higher IQ than yours.