Old 17-12-2010, 06:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Horse manure

"HL B123" wrote in message
I am in Arkansas U.S.A. thanks hlb

I add it to the top of any beds mostly in winter or autumn by preference but
I can do it any time of the year because it depends if my poo supplier has a
pile and needs it removed.

I never dig it in until it's sat there for (usually) a season (so about 3
month) and even then I might not dig it in but scrape it away and shove it
elsewhere. I live in a climate that gets 40C+ summers days and -9C mornings
but snow is as rare as rocking horse manure. Basically I use it as a mulch
and the worms do a lot of work.

Make sure the horse poo hasn't got any aminopyralid in it as that has caused
major problems in some gardens.