Old 17-12-2010, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default snowing again!

On Dec 16, 5:17*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Thursday 17.15pm
rain turned to sleet then thick snow about half an hour a go here in
Amersham, now reduced to slight snow but given that it is now dark and
maybe more to come i wouldn't be surprised if we wake up to it covering
the ground tomorrow! At the moment it's melting as it touches the
ground,

Here in Lincolnshire it rained all thursday morning, then turned to
damp snow about 14:00, which left a thin blanket on the grass. It
stopped by 15:00, the skies cleared and we had a -6 frost by this
morning, with the ground jolly hard.