Old 17-12-2010, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Weather Friday

On 2010-12-17 09:13:54 +0000, Dave Hill said:

On Dec 17, 8:53 am, Jake wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:26:36 -0000, "'Mike'"

wrote:
Bitterly cold, still but sometimes a nasty bit of wind gusts across the
gardens.

No snow

Bird baths frozen solid. ...... well they were ;-)

Outlook to stay the same.

That's the S.E. Isle of Wight.

What have you got?

Mike

Central South Wales - a decent covering of snow - about 3 inches so
far and still falling - for the first time in years. The cat hasn't
seen snow before in his 3 year life and went ballistic this morning,
dashing up and down the road chasing imaginary somethings. He's been
out since 5 am and is still bouncing around like a lunatic.

Jake

Here overlooking Swansea we have had what looks like 6 to 8 inches,
snow balances on every twig as there is no sign of any wind to cause
it to drop to the ground.
This is the heaviest snow I have seen at this time of year *since I
came to Wales over 20 years ago, an#d only one winter has had more
snow, but with more forecast for later in the day................
Off out with the camera now.
David Hill

A very light dusting of snow here, just enough to make it pretty. *
Apparently, the roads are a bit slippy but not too bad. *A friend in
Torquay says it's much thicker there and about an hour ago was falling
quite fast. *Here, we have sunshine and some blue sky but with clouds
rolling up quickly, so we'll see what happens. *But it does look as if
more is on the way!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon- Hide quoted text -

Well I got out and took some pics, a quick burst of sunshine then it
started to snow again, and we have now had another inch where I swept
the steps.
Here are some of the pics

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...view=slideshow