Old 17-12-2010, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default snowing again!

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:57:22 +0000, Jake wrote:

The difference a few miles can make - you're at the west end of
Swansea Bay and I'm at the east end, just inland from Porthcawl, and
here only about 3 inches but still falling steadily though I wouldn't
say heavily.

No more snow up here, the showers coming from the north are not
getting past the Highlands as useual. It;s just cold, -8C last night
max so far -3.8C.

The couple of inches of solid ice that formed on the roads is slowly
softening and breaking up now that they have been treated. Of the two
gritters that live in the town, yesterday morning one was sent to
Penrith (Grrr...) and the other broke. So they couldn't get any salt
down before the mornings traffic induced slushy snow froze solid.

--
Cheers
Dave.