Old 17-12-2010, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
troy troy is offline

Default Live Trap Garden Pests (Don)

On 2010-12-17, EVP MAN wrote:

We have more rabbits and squirrels in town than we have in the woods it
seems. I realize as I trap and relocate them that others will move into
the same territory. Thus my trapping efforts will need to be an ongoing
project. The rabbits are cutting off shrubbery and the pesky squirrels
are getting into the attic and chewing on electrical wires. I have
checked my house all around the outside and just can't seem to find
where or how they are getting in. My problem may also be compounded as
I live in what is known as an attached ranch. It's a brick house that
is attached to another. Looks like one big house but I only own my
side. The other owner spends six months in Florida so perhaps they are
getting in from his side and then getting over to mine. I can't go over
on his property checking his house as I don't own that side. I will
discuss the problem with him when he comes back in the Spring and then
go from there.

Rich

If pets are an option you could always use a couple of Hounds to make the
environment of your garden slightly less appealing to rabbits. I know my
beagles keep most ground-based rodents as far away as they can manage, a
good cat or coon-hound might keep the squirrels visits to a minimum.

--
Troy Most of the time,
Capheind some of the time,