Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default SNAILS!!!!

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Leigh, I don't have much experience with loaches but I think I will have to
go
to an LFS tomorrow. Just a question: do they not all like to disturb
substrate?
I have fertilizer tablets there so I worry a little bit... (?)

My loaches don't uproot the plants, or dig deep enough to disturb fertilizer
tabs. The corys are worse than the loaches.

However, like I said, clown loaches may chew holes in your plants. IME, they
are more destructive than snails.

You might try yoyo loaches, if you can get them. They might not be as hard on
plants as clowns.

Don't get skunk loaches. They are nasty-tempered creatures, who may harass
your other fish.

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I went to my LFS today and even though the person there was recommending Clown
Loaches I avoided them because of what you said. However because of your
recommendation I did buy Yo-yo Loaches. I intended to purchase only one but he
changed my mind and I ended up with 3.

I will keep you informed if this "terrorist attack" eliminates my snail
population in my 90g. I don't think I will ever add a plant to my aquarium
without first keeping it a minute or two in a 20 to 1 water/bleach solution.

Thanks,

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com