Old 17-12-2010, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default My parsley

kay wrote:
Christina Websell;907677 Wrote:

My woodburner is not coping with - 10C I blamed the quality of my
wood.

Woodman says it might be an idea to have my chimney swept since I
haven't
done it since 2004..

I did it myself then and the last chimney sweep I asked came and said
"you
are joking." It's not easy to sweep a chimney that has a woodburner
in it.
It must be possible, though.

Does your chimney have a liner?
You could ask a local wood stove company if they can recommend a
chimney sweep - they should be able to tell you one who is used to
working with stoves.

But yes, you do need to get your chimney swept. Remember a stove burns
much hotter than an open fire, with correspondingly greater risk of a
chimney fire.

Don't try what dear old John Seymour did: get up on the roof and fire a
shotgun down the chimbley!

About the flat-leafed parsley: don't waste the tasty roots, which may
well still be usable, and are, I believe, a part of a classic bouquet
garni.

--
Mike.