Old 17-12-2010, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Ivy bush

On 2010-12-15 16:59:01 +0000, Dave Hill
said:
I just wonder if anyone has ever grown an Ivy bush.
If you take acuting from the shrubby growth of Ivy then if it roots
it will keep growing as a shrub and not as a rambling plant.
I had one for several years, till it was hit by a falling branch.
David Hill

No but that would be really pretty, especially if a variegated one was
grown like that. Opposite Dartington Cider Press there's a dear
little Cotoneaster which someone has grown as a weeping standard.
Covered with berries an its lovely, dark green leaves, it's a very
Christmassy
picture.

Yes, I've done it, at a time when I was fascinated by ivies. I used the
arborescent growth of a quite ordinary green form for cutting material,
and it grew nicely, until it finally decided to produce climbing growth
again --which I didn't think was possible.

--
Mike.