Old 18-12-2010, 08:29 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
It cannot be impossible to sweep my chimney. I sort of did it not very well.
Access is difficult, true but surely a proper sweep can do it.
Access should be OK if the the chimney of your woodstove is from the top. It's more difficult if the chimney is from the back to go straight in with brushes. This year my chimney sweep forgot my stove has a removable plate (and I was busy elsewhere). He went on to autopilot and removed the stove, swept the chimney, put the stove back, re-cemented the join. He didn't take noticeably longer than normal, and his charge didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. And no mess.