Old 18-12-2010, 04:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Horse manure

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
I wonder how many people here have ever killed anything with any sort of
fertiliser? I know I haven't.

Anyone want to put up their hand and tell us if you have and if you did,
what did you do?

A long long time ago in a far away land. I put too much lawn fertilizer and
roasted my front lawn. However, did it completely KILL it.. No. But I did
BURN it badly where it took all Summer to heal.. Yes.

I have also over fertilized my tomatoes one year. Did it KILL the plants..
NO. Did I have nice ripe tomatoes That year... NO. I did have allot of
beautiful green vines for my tomatoes and NO fruit.

This was done with commercial fertilizer, not animal manure. However, my
little dog poops all over the yard now and where he poops looks nice and
green.