Old 18-12-2010, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Weather Friday

On Dec 18, 1:25*pm, "alan.holmes" wrote:
"Jake" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:26:36 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Bitterly cold, still but sometimes a nasty bit of wind gusts across the
gardens.

No snow

Bird baths frozen solid. ...... well they were ;-)

Outlook to stay the same.

That's the S.E. Isle of Wight.

What have you got?

Mike

Central South Wales - a decent covering of snow - about 3 inches so
far and still falling - for the first time in years. The *cat hasn't
seen snow before in his 3 year life and went ballistic this morning,
dashing up and down the road chasing imaginary somethings. He's been
out since 5 am and is still bouncing around like a lunatic.

I love it to see cats go out into their first experience in the snow, they
run out, then stop because of the wet, shake one paw, then another and so
on, and they cannot see any of their favorite things, I could watch them for
hours.

Alan

Jake- Hide quoted text -

It's realy rough on cats as they normaly are going around updating
their mental map of their area and suddenly their map has been wiped
clean, no landmarks or anything else they know.