Old 18-12-2010, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Where is everyone?

"Jake" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:28:03 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:17:39 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

Hello,

Haven't received any messages on urg today, nor on some other, but not
all, newgroups. Is this just Demon or is it more widespread?

David
A few of us are here though not very busy on the group today - people
probably getting bored with talking about the funny white stuff that's
accumulating on the ground everywhere.

I'm hoping things improve a bit in the next couple of days. We'll run
out of carrots after lunch tomorrow (Sunday) so I need to (gasp!) go
and buy some. Plenty of sprouts though!!!!

Should your outlet for Carrots be Morrison's, look at the small print on
the
bags of carrots :-((

They vary by a fantastic amount. You need to look at the price per Kilo
which is in small black print on the bags or on the trays holding them..

BTW, two packets of Chocolate Digestive Biscuits, are cheaper than the
'Bargain Double Pack' :-((

Price per kilo. Price per Litre on the wines. ..... Live by it ;-))

Mike

There's no Morrisons near us. Wouldn't use them anyway. Gotta be
honest, though, if I go out to shop I'll probably buy frozen (in
quantity). I've bought veg before in the local supermarket and it
doesn't last more than a day or two. You can't beat your own stuff.

I'll try my local small veg shop first though, if they're open!

Whenever I go shopping in a supermeerkat, I always look around the
shelf I'm picking something from. There's usually a cheaper
alternative, like buy 200g of coffee for £5 or buy 100g for £2 and get
one free.

Then there is the 'special deal' put out by market stall holders .... "£1.50
each, 3 for £5.00"

:-((

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.