Old 18-12-2010, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Where is everyone?

"Jake" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:17:39 +0000, David Rance
wrote:

Hello,

Haven't received any messages on urg today, nor on some other, but not
all, newgroups. Is this just Demon or is it more widespread?

David

A few of us are here though not very busy on the group today - people
probably getting bored with talking about the funny white stuff that's
accumulating on the ground everywhere.

I'm hoping things improve a bit in the next couple of days. We'll run
out of carrots after lunch tomorrow (Sunday) so I need to (gasp!) go
and buy some. Plenty of sprouts though!!!!

Evidence of panic buying in our local TESCO today. I was out of bacon and
getting short of bread
I went tobuy a pack of bacon and a loaf of wholemeal bread. Plenty of bacon
there but not a crumb of bread neither from the bakery there nor the
propriatory brands. There were a few bread rolls (literally a few) and that
was it.

Bill