Old 19-12-2010, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Where is everyone?

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message
There's no Morrisons near us. Wouldn't use them anyway.

I've been a Sainsbury's man for years. Then we moved and the nearest
supermarket is Morrison's by several miles. We moved about the time
Morrison's took over Safeway and for the first year or so it was a mess.
But, either I've got used to them or they've got their act together.

My choice is :

Morrison's 6 miles
Morrison's, Tesco or Asda 12 miles
Sainsbury's or Asda 15 miles
Tesco 9 miles
Sainsbury's 13 miles
Sainsbury's 12 miles
Waitrose 13 miles but I have to drive past Morrison's to get there.

or

the local village with 2 butchers (1 also sells veg), 2 bakers, a tiny
co-op and an independent grocer with a deli counter.

Morrison's have got their act together. When they first took over our local
branch of Safeway, they cleared the shelves of the propriety named brands
and put their own on. People were looking and asking for their usual goods
and were told 'We don't stock that now'. Gangways were blocked with people
talking to each other complaining and leaving their trolleys there and
announcing that this place is now rubbish and 'I am off to Tescos'

It didn't take long for Morrison's to put the popular stuff back on the
shelves :-)

I understand there is a meeting on January 5th about extending the store it
is now so popular :-)

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.