Old 19-12-2010, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Blue tits and friends

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
We have been getting a great deal of activity from the blue tits since
the start of the hard frosts, I don't think I have seen so many on our
feeders, also a fer Great Tits, Coal Tits, but no sign of our Long
Tailed Tits, tyhat was till today when they turned up in force, over
12 of them as far as I could count, feeding as if they hadn't eaten
for days. I was afraid that they had been lost to the cold.
I just hope they get through the comming cold spell that is being
forecast.
David Hill

We used to have a lot but not since many at all this year.
What do I have to put out for the kites ? We have had four or five at
least circling here today and the snow is really deep .
My brother suggests putting a board out with stuff on it but I seem to
be right out of dead mice and voles in my freezer!

We also have magpies around so i am assuming that they will pinch
whatever I put out/

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy