Old 19-12-2010, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
A Plumber A Plumber is offline

Default Feeding birds

"Mike Coon" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
How do I encourage the Thrush?

Sliced apple? Any old berries?

Mike.
--
If reply address is (invalid), remove spurious "@"
and substitute "plus" for +.

We had some new birds visit yesterday, some coal tits, but they were more
interested in feeding on the ground
on what we put down for other birds, and not on the feeders.
Today we had our first thrush for a short while to, so that was very nice to
see. On the front of our house
today also, we had 8 waxwings 3 LT Tits 10 goldfinch 6 blue tits 2 chaffinch
and 1 treecreeper
but what is it with woodpidgeons, whatever the weather they survive, and are
they like vultures in that
they can smell food from afar? because as soon as food is out in my garden
the woody's are always first there
and they eat so much and drive the other birds away.