Old 20-12-2010, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Hedgehog update

In message

On 2010-12-19 16:02:52 +0000, said:

In message
* * * * * aquachimp wrote:

He had not touched the cat food I leave out but the local cat had
tried unsuccessfully as there was cat fur around the small food
house entrance.

Stephen

Interesting how long before he took his wintery nap.

I have left the hedgehog well alone, the only prints in the snow
near the hide are from cats and pigeons but they can't get to the
cat food.

Stephen.

Would it be worth putting some of that food at a distance from Hog's
Home, so as to distract the other animals from it? *I really don't know
so I'd be interested to see what others know, think, or have
experienced.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I was wondering the same, though just from the point of trying to have
a nap whilst cat-food rots nearby.

The hedgehog did pop out last week but has since remained in the
hide, his food is presently frozen and will probably best be
removed now seeing as the hedgehog appears to have hibernated
properly for the winter.

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes