Old 20-12-2010, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Blue tits and friends

On Dec 20, 5:12*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Phil Cook wrote:

ICBW but I think you need a licence to feed kites and such. I know that a
feeding station in Mid-Wales has a licence and they can only put out meat
fit for human consumption. Also there are rules about feeding offal and
meat not for human consumption to working dogs meaning that birds aren't
supposed to be able to get at it.

How utterly bureaucratic and ridiculous! *Kites are scavengers, and
don't have trouble with carrion. *Hawks, on the other hand, may well
need fresh meat.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

We had a red kite flying around here this afternoon for almost half an
hour, it has permission to take every rabbit it can find here, but I'm
not going to go out and catch them for it, but if I do get any it is
more than welcome to the innards.