Old 21-12-2010, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default My parsley

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message , Christina Websell
writes

"Gordon H" wrote in message

How did you cope with the volume of soot?

When I swept it myself? With a shovel behind the woodburner into a
bucket.
I don't really want to do that again.
I too have a Dyson. Good as they are they will not sweep my chimney.
Woodman has given me the name of a chimney sweep. I hope it's not the one
that said no way.
It cannot be impossible to sweep my chimney. I sort of did it not very
well.
Access is difficult, true but surely a proper sweep can do it.
Tina

They must have methods..
The last time a sweep did ours he taped a sheet around the tiled
fireplace, and thrust the rods through a hole in the middle of the sheet,
(having already put the brush inside)!

The soot was contained within the sheet, and then he sucked it out with a
fat vacuum cleaner, no mess left at all.

I suppose it is more difficult with your woodburner, the rods are flexible
enough to easily be fed through my open fireplace.

he offered to sell me the soot on top of his fee, but I let him take it
away.
--

A chimney sweep is coming tomorrow. We'll see what happens. He quoted a
fee but it will be an extra 2.50 for him to take my soot away. I said don't