Old 22-12-2010, 05:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Environment credit cards

Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:24:21 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
Dan L wrote:

You have credit cards... WOW!
I thought credit cards went the way of the Dodo bird, just like the
small banks. Shirly, I mean surely, you mean Debit cards

Mostly it's the impoverished poor schnucks who use debit cards... they
can't qualify for credit because they already owe more than they will
ever repay... everytime at a checkout it's the schmuck with the debit
card who has to put stuff back because mid month they already blew
their entire wad, typically on scratch-off lotto, cigs, and brewski.
Just yesterday a frumpy broad dragging two rug rats and one infant in
a carrier had to decide between Pampers, a case of Coors and two packs
of Kools, she put back the Pampers.

It's strange how you can turn almost any topic into a sour and negative
commentary on someone,or more often some group, that you picture yourself to
be better than. You must be so special to live on such a high place where
you can look down on nearly everybody.

David

Nothing strange... it's all a matter of perspective. It's just that
you need to look up at everyone, obviously. In the US, more than
anywhere, folks can attain whatever level they desire, all it takes is
hard work and perserverence. Had I known then what I know now I could
have achieved far more but often I was lazy and liked good times. I'm
not complaining mind you, I've actually done quite well. The
difference between me and you however is that I'm not resentful of
those who have more, they earned and deserve all they've achieved. You
on the other hand sound like an envious parasite who has earned
nothing and deserves nothing.

My perspective is different, those that steel, bribe and lie tend to be
more successful in life over others. A quote from I do not know who, " A
man with a brief case can steel allot more money than a man with a gun".
Corporations of today got powerful, by stealing money from the tax payers
in the form of subsidies, bribe the politicians and lie to the public. The
space merchants are everywhere.

The world is a zero sum game. Not everyone can be wealthy. The misery can
be minimized by restricting the wealth of those that have too much. I do
object to those that have vast wealth and should be restricted how much
they can earn. Greed is Evil. Remember the story about the "eye of the
needle"?

I do not hate the poor. I hate the rich. If I cannot afford a Dodge Viper,
I do not want anyone to own a Dodge Viper