Old 22-12-2010, 07:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Environment credit cards

Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:24:21 +1100, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

Brooklyn1 wrote:
Dan L wrote:

You have credit cards... WOW!
I thought credit cards went the way of the Dodo bird, just like the
small banks. Shirly, I mean surely, you mean Debit cards

Mostly it's the impoverished poor schnucks who use debit cards...
they can't qualify for credit because they already owe more than
they will ever repay... everytime at a checkout it's the schmuck
with the debit card who has to put stuff back because mid month
they already blew their entire wad, typically on scratch-off lotto,
cigs, and brewski. Just yesterday a frumpy broad dragging two rug
rats and one infant in a carrier had to decide between Pampers, a
case of Coors and two packs of Kools, she put back the Pampers.

It's strange how you can turn almost any topic into a sour and
negative commentary on someone,or more often some group, that you
picture yourself to be better than. You must be so special to live
on such a high place where you can look down on nearly everybody.

David

Nothing strange... it's all a matter of perspective. It's just that
you need to look up at everyone, obviously. In the US, more than
anywhere, folks can attain whatever level they desire, all it takes is
hard work and perserverence. Had I known then what I know now I could
have achieved far more but often I was lazy and liked good times. I'm
not complaining mind you, I've actually done quite well. The
difference between me and you however is that I'm not resentful of
those who have more,

Other than to say that I don't have any such resentment I am not buying into
your sad little political justification for your Holier Than Thou attitude.
It was the attitude that I commented on and the miserable person behind it
not the political story you make up to justify it. There are plenty of
people who have been mighty achievers in all walks of life who were far more
generous to their fellows than you and who gave a helping hand to those less
fortunate instead of heaping scorn upon them.

they earned and deserve all they've achieved. You
on the other hand sound like an envious parasite who has earned
nothing and deserves nothing.

You know nothing about me but see fit to make up whatever you like if it
makes you feel more smug. It is a common tactic in weak debaters and gutter
politicians to create negative stories about the opposition, go for it, it
only makes your slimy hole deeper and harder to exit.

David