Old 22-12-2010, 12:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Environment credit cards

Brooklyn1 said:

Nothing strange... it's all a matter of perspective. It's just that
you need to look up at everyone, obviously. In the US, more than
anywhere, folks can attain whatever level they desire, all it takes is
hard work and perserverence.

"More than anywhere," is it?

Sorry. The USA is not the leader in social mobility. Hasn't been for a
while.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...bilityAnalysis.
pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/14/na...ss/15MOBILITY-
WEB.html

This last link is from a set, full set he
http://www.nytimes.com/pages/national/class/index.html

Thing have only gotten worse since.

I was lucky enough to be born white, to a family that stayed intact, did
not suffer any serious medical problems and had a father who was able
to get an education via the GI bill (came home safe and sound). And, oh
yes, I was born and raised in the northeast. One of the more advantaged
parts of the country, when I was born.

Oh yes, I certainly worked *very* hard for all that advantage...clever me,
choosing my parents. Could have done a whole lot worse.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored