Old 22-12-2010, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default OT in case you get stuck in all this snow!

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 22:56:11 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

and a proper shovel, not a spade which is curved and next to useless in
removing
snow.

Curious. I always thought that a spade was the flat one and the shovel
was curved. Perhaps it depends where you live. I would have gone for
the curved one for removing snow, whatever it's called, but we get so
little snow down here in the far west of Cornwall (none here ATM, and
a 'warm' 4C last night), so we don't have much experience at removing
it!

Perhaps you would like to come here and get some experience!

Alan

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales