Old 24-12-2010, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Happy Xmas everyone

In article
,
Dave Hill writes
Have a great Xmas and a very happy New Year everyone, and lets hope
that with the thaw next week things get back to normal.
Probably will as I have just set up a new Gas Heater which I got from
https://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/login/ a new firm to me, but it was
way cheaper than LBS and delivered the day after ordering, ordered
20th Dec, delivered 21st Dec despite the weather.
David Hill

And a happy Christmas to you to David with thanks for all the knowledge
you are happy to share!
I have a hot box heater, I bought ti about two years ago but only ran it
for about 4 weeks on the lowest setting and then calculated how much it
was costing so put in a sand tray with heating wires stuff instead.

The heater isn't used any more i just can't afford it I ought to sell
it and put the money to more seeds

The two deep sand beds/trays seem to keep most stuff happy and I strike
cuttings straight into it and have reasonable success especially if i
remember that although it hasn't rained i still need to water !

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph