Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
LeighMo

Default 75 or 90 for planted?

Im planning on doing a Co2 setup, yes. If so, what types of lighting would
I need. I would like 3 watts per gallon - or close to it.

You do anything -- metal halide, flourescent, PCF.

3 wpg is a lot of light for a tank this size -- more than it would be for a
smaller tank. Many people find 2 wpg is more than enough for a tank over 100
gallons. Make sure your CO2 system is up and running before you turn all that
light on!

PCFs from AH Supply would work well and be pretty easy, but if it were my tank,
I think I'd go with regular flourescent lights. It would be cheaper, and you'd
have more flexibility that way. If you wanted to start out with less light
until you get more experience, you could, just by leaving a few tubes out. If
you need to reduce the lighting for some reason (going to be away from the tank
on vacation, say), you could. You could create sunrise and sunset effects, by
putting different tubes on different timers. You could replace a few tubes
with "moonlight" bulbs, and be able to watch your tank at night. Etc.

Leigh