Old 25-12-2010, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Bird feeder question

I, for years, have put out mixed seed and peanuts for our feathered
friends. Up until this year I have never had many peanuts eaten, I need
to refill the seed feeders daily, but the peanut one perhaps once in the
Winter. This year they are eating more peanuts than seed, I wonder why.
I would have put it down to the cold weather, except that they were
doing this in early Autumn before we were zapped by anti global warming.
Any ideas why this should be? I have the same selection of birds as
other years.