Old 25-12-2010, 03:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default New Member - Introduction

"BobWalsh" wrote
EVP MAN Wrote:

Welcome Bob I'm in PA zone 5-6 and my passion is growing tomatoes
along with a few bell peppers, squash and a few cantaloupe plants each
year. You might say that vegetable gardening is a new found hobby.
I've only been at it for three seasons now. I'm retired this year and
hope to get more gardening time in my yard. I only have about 450 sq
ft
of gardening space but it's plenty for the wife and I with lots of
veggies left to give away to friends. I tried many varieties of
heirloom plants last year but wasn't impressed at all so it looks like
I'll stick with hybrid plants from now on.

I prefer hybrids over heirloom plants as well. They also show greater
disease resistance and produce more.

One of my favorite peppers is 'Giant Marconi'. It produces and produces
in any weather, hot or cool.

We grown those too down here in Norfolk Virginia area.

I'm a simpler sort of gardener, using almost entirely container gardening
except the occasional tomato in the ground and my 2 apple trees.

Too cold now for all but my lavender bush to be usable but having fun just
the same!