Old 25-12-2010, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Merry Christmas. Don't forget the bird's water

"Baz" wrote in message

Very good, I was wondering for ages what you meant.
Should have been birds not bird's?

Derek, were/are you a school teacher?

But yes it's a struggle to keep the water liquid but a neighbour swears
that they prefer the snow because of their natural instinct, and we have
snow, too much of it.
On the chance that he is wrong we take off the ice regularly but have not
noticed any birds drinking though there are Blackbirds in the garden.

I am inclined to agree about water troughs for the birds.
More essential in drought conditions.

Regards
Pete