Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
redled

Default Java ferns -no rhizomes

OK, I realize that this subject has been done to death, but I haven't come
across how to do this. I have several java fern "leaves" from the LFS, that
didn't come with rhizomes, they are just cut off at the bottom. I tried to
tie them down to driftwood, but after about 5 weeks they are not attaching,
nor is there any sort of growth on the stem part. There is, however, new
plantlets starting to form on all of the leaves. Is it possible for new
rhizomes to grow from the orginal plants, or do I have to wait for the
plantlets to develop and then attach them to the driftwood?

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John