Old 26-12-2010, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Am I the only one who hates Christmas?

Gopher wrote in
:

In message , Baz
writes
harry wrote in
:

The answer is simple. You do your shopping a week early and don't go
near the place around Christmas. Can't understand these people who
leave it all to the last minute. Are they stupid or just got short
memories?

Unfortunatly it's not that simple, at least not this year as milk(even
uht), bread etc.and even petrol/diesel have been very hard to get due
to the snow, so we have had to take any opportunity to get these
items. The day I was trapped in the Tesco car park I was getting these
articles as we were simply desperate for petrol.
Our shopping does not alter for Christmas otherwise I WOULD do it
early, but yes I take your point.

Baz

As Harold Macmillan said "Events dear boy, events!" Perhaps it should
have been "Planning for events dear boy etc." It's not as if it's
unexpected :-))

Regardless - I hope you and yours have an enjoyable holiday; have a
great break and a peaceful and healthy New Year.

Thanks for the history lesson:-)

Not everyone has a horse and cart or public transport, and even if they
did, on our frozen roads recently how would they get a-b.

It could be that Mr Macmillan did not know how to store petrol legally in
this century, or at least forgot to let you know.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/k...40NEW%20nov07%
20petrolhome.pdf

Mr Macmillan would be proud of me for planing ahead with my legal storage
of petrol.

After that, yes, I should have bought an extra freezer which I can't
afford and put it in a place I havn't room for and put in it some panic
buys that I havn't got the petrol to go and buy

Norman Tebbit once said "on your bike"(only joking)

Without going on too much about this, my family often live hand to mouth,
we don't earn too much though we have to have 2 cars for our jobs and
have put all our investement into the house. We have given up loads of
our passions just to keep up with the increasing cost of paying for the
flaming place. It was easy at first and we were paying it off as fast as
we could and just as well we did too.

Baz