Old 26-12-2010, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Won't Use Soaker Hoses Again This Season

"Notat Home" wrote

in a different spot. I think either will work well with rain barrels,
although I have read that some states do not allow rain barrels, arguing
that they keep the water from going into the aquifier (I have no idea
where they think the water goes after you take it out of the rain barrel
and put in on your garden or lawn).

Here, the objection to rain barrels is mosquitos. Although you can prevent
them with a thin layer of oil, that too requires some level of tending that
many do not do. Hehe I have a friend who uses them and he puts in a few
goldfish (feeding them yes). The fish poop doesnt harm the plants any.