Old 26-12-2010, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Am I the only one who hates Christmas?

"Peter James" wrote in message
news:1ju3lj5.npmm3b1dtbxkeN%pfjames2000@googlemail .com...
Roy Bailey wrote:

Roy (who lists Ebenezer Scrooge as one of his heroes!)

But the whole point of the Scrooge character, in Dickens' "Christmas
Carol", was that he reformed and celebrated Christmas with the rest of
the trolls.
He rejoined the mainstream of silly spending, false jollification and
hypocritical mainstream christianity.
I remember from the days of my youth, a comedian called Tom Lehrer who
wrote and sang a Christmas song, which included the immortal lines;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSlpCBek1_M