Old 20-04-2003, 06:16 AM
redled

Default Java ferns -no rhizomes

In article , wrote:
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:49:16 GMT,
(redled) wrote:

plantlets starting to form on all of the leaves. Is it possible for new
rhizomes to grow from the orginal plants, or do I have to wait for the
plantlets to develop and then attach them to the driftwood?

The old leaf will never re-grow any roots or rhizome. Java ferns do
not propogate by cuttings.

If the leaf has the black "spores" on the back, then you can just let
the leaf float, and the baby plants will grow and mature enough that
you can then attach/plant them.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Alright. Those plantlets are coming along fast, so I'll do that. They wanted
about 5x as much at Big Al's for ones with rhizomes.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John