Old 27-12-2010, 07:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default What's Your Favorite Bell Pepper To Grow?

"EVP MAN" wrote

My tomatoes and peppers are about the only plants the rabbits didn't
bother last year. I had to put a fence around my asparagus bed to keep
them out. My neighbor also has an asparagus bed which he had for at
least 25 years now. He said that last year was the first time he knows
of that the rabbits bothered the asparagus. There is no way I can fence
off my whole garden so I think this year I'll plant a nice bed of white
clover. This being one of their favorite foods may lure them away from
the rest of the garden while also attracting pollinators like bees.
I've seen some cats prowling the neighborhood at night so maybe they
will thin the rabbit population out a bit this year.

I'm thinking to get some of that simple 'picket plastic fencing' and put it
inside the containers along the edges this year. Sections can be sawed
pretty easy to fit the 8inch sides.