Old 28-12-2010, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Chilli plant without chillies

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

VinceG wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;908480']VinceG wrote:-
I have three chilli plants in a large pot. The plants have flowered
twice but not produced any chillies. Can I do anything or should I
give up and try again with a new plant?-

They are not getting pollinated properly, there is no reason to think
that
new plants would be different. What has the temperature been like
over the
last few weeks? Are there any insect pollinators with access to the
plants?

David

Thanks for all your replies people.

The plants are indoors here in the Uk in this miserable winter. There
is nothing to polonate them at the moment, so we'll leave them indoors
until the summer and will put them outside in the good weather.

I am amazed that they still live much less flower. Is "good" weather when
it reaches above 10C or 20C? Chillis are not going to thrive below 20C and
will need full sun.

My book says 21C - 29C for growing peppers.

"Vegetable Gardener' Bible" by Edward C. Smith.
http://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Gard...Gardening/dp/1
580172121/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206815454&sr=1-1

Available at a good library near you.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw