Old 28-12-2010, 04:53 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Won't Use Soaker Hoses Again This Season

"FarmI" wrote
Brooklyn1 wrote

Sure home grown tomatoes taste
better than the typical store bought but mostly they all come in at
once within a relatively short period as do all crops, one can eat
only so much.

No, they don't all 'come in' at once. That is an importatn point of my
growing stuff. I use succession planting and I also grow older varieties
which tend to crop over a long period rather than do their stuff in a week
and then die.

Same here. With mostly containers in use, I learned to do the tomatoes in
several versions. Some early crop, some crop best mid-summer, others are
more fall prone (but crop some in summer).

6 -8 plants work for us for tomatoes. I normally do 6 bell peppers as well.