Old 28-12-2010, 08:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Won't Use Soaker Hoses Again This Season

In article ,
Dan L wrote:

Billy wrote:
bureau takes an apartment overlooking the historic Wailing Wall.
Everyday when she looks out, she sees an old bearded Jewish man praying
vigorously. Certain he would be a good interview subject, the
journalist goes down to the Wall and introduces herself to the old man.
She asks, "You come every day to the Wall, sir, how long have you been
doing that and what are you praying for?"

The old man replies, "I have come here to pray every day for 25 years.
In the morning I pray for world peace and for the brotherhood of man. I
go home, have a cup of tea, and I come back and pray for the eradication
of illness and disease from the earth. And very, very important, I pray
for peace and understanding between the Israelis and Palestinians."

The journalist is very impressed. "How does it make you feel to come
here every day for 25 years and pray for these wonderful things?" she
asks.

The old man replies calmly, "Like I'm talking to a wall."
-----

A very good analogy here

Sort of got me thinking that actions speak louder than words perhaps
prayers too.

Su Tung-po (1037 - 1101 / China)

Battle of Red Cliff

The Yangtze flows east
Washing away
A thousand ages of great men
West of the ramparts --
People say --
Are the fabled Red Cliffs of young Chou of the Three Kingdoms
Rebellious rocks pierce the sky
Frightening waves rip the bank
The backwash churns vast snowy swells --
River and mountains like a painting
how many heroes passed them, once ...

Think back to those years, Chou Yu --
Just married to the younger Chiao --
Brave, brilliant
With plumed fan, silk kerchief
Laughed and talked
While masts and oars vanished to flying ash and smoke!
I roam through ancient realms
Absurdly moved
Turn gray too soon --
A man's life passes like a dream --
Pour out a cup then, to the river, and the moon

Bill who has a 3 WEEK HEAD COLD

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"Always tell the truth and you don't have to remember anything."
--Mark Twain.